Meritor WABCO Vehicle Control Systems’ System Saver 1200 Plus air dryer, introduced in 2009, has been enhanced to allow integration of the wet tank into the existing platform. This allows added application flexibility and the capability for additional weight savings.
The System Saver 1200 Plus, developed specifically for North American braking systems, is a high-capacity, spin-on air dryer that utilizes internal air for regeneration. By incorporating the wet tank and adding a drain valve, it allows customers to have one less reservoir in the system, ultimately saving space and vehicle weight. With an integrated re-gen, wet tank and governor drain valve in one lightweight compact unit with 1200 cc of premium desiccant, it sets the standard for air drying performance, service life and replacement time, lowering vehicle cost of ownership.
Designed to lower operating costs during a vehicle’s lifecycle, the system can be used in a wide range of vocational applications. Additionally, the labor time needed to replace the spin-on cartridge is less than five minutes compared with up to 30 minutes for other air dryers, and replacement cartridges typically cost less than competitive designs.
The System Saver 1200 Plus features and benefits include:
· Premium desiccant, providing greater water absorption capability
· Replacement spin-on cartridge, allowing for simple maintenance and reduced downtime
· Internal purge volume which does not use system air for regeneration
· Internal governor to simplify plumbing, reduce overall installed cost, and has improved functionality and faster response timing
· 100-watt heater available for 12-volt or 24-volt applications
· Coalescing filter option for optimum oil control is compatible with the latest engines and EPA emission control systems
· Two mounting options to accommodate various vehicle configurations and is a compact, lightweight design for easy installation
· Common external service components proven for reliability and quality, allowing for easy replacement
“We engineered the system to meet the demands of the modern commercial vehicle air system requirements,” said Stephen Hampson, director of Compression and Braking, Meritor WABCO. “With the addition of the Integrated Wet Tank, our air dryer now provides the industry a complete package for air dryer applications.”
Meritor WABCO components are backed by more than 120 service and aftermarket representatives across North America for post-sale support.
About Meritor WABCO
Meritor WABCO is a North American joint venture focused on the development and delivery of proven, integrated safety technology and efficiency components. These include braking systems and controls, active safety systems, and suspension control systems for commercial vehicles in North America. Two leading global suppliers back Meritor WABCO, each with more than 100-year legacies. Meritor, Inc. (NYSE:MTOR), a supplier of drivetrain, mobility, braking and aftermarket solutions for commercial vehicle and industrial markets, provides the JV the industry’s most extensive service and support network; while WABCO Automotive Control Systems, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of WABCO Holdings, Inc. provides breakthrough technologies and control systems for the safety and efficiency of commercial vehicles. For more information, visit meritorwabco.com.